We are a Bible-based, Christ-centered church growing alive, deep and bold in the love and knowledge of Jesus. We hold firm that the Bible is God’s Word. We believe that Jesus is the only way of salvation and that we are saved by His grace through faith. As part of the Association of Free Lutheran Congregations (AFLC), we are grounded in biblical and Lutheran doctrine that is shared with grace and love.
What time is worship
- Sunday worship begins at 9:30 a.m. We normally conclude by 10:45 a.m.
What is the service like?
- We have an order of worship that we follow, but we tend to keep it pretty simple. Central to our worship is the message and the Lord’s Supper.
- Each message is based on Scripture and our goal is for you to hear solid Christian theology in a relatable manner that will help you know Jesus and grow in being his follower.
- We celebrate the Lord’s Supper every week. Our Communion table is open to all who confess Jesus as Lord, have been baptized, repent of their sins and seek the assurance of forgiveness.
What is the music like?
- Our services include a mix of traditional hymns and contemporary Christian music.
How should I dress?
- The simple answer is whatever is most comfortable for you is fine with us. We’re much more interested in you growing in the knowledge and love of Jesus than what you wear.
What’s available for my children?
- A nursery room is available during worship for parents with infants and young children.
- Before worship we have an education hour for 1st grade through 8th grade.
- Youth Group (ages 11 to late teens) meets throughout the year for meals, growing in the love and knowledge of Jesus, music and other fun activities. Check our church calendar for times and locations. joyccc.com.
What other activities do you offer?
- Education hour for adults is each Sunday before worship from 8:30 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
- Bible study. We have several Bible studies. Wednesdays, 10:00 a.m., 6:30 p.m. and Thursdays 6:30 p.m. All Bible studies are open to everyone, no matter much experience or how little. If you’re hesitant about joining a Bible study, talk with the pastor about setting up a home bible study.
- Movie nights. From September – May we show Christian/faith-based movies. They are free to attend.
- Community Projects. We are committed to being the love of Jesus in our community with numerous activities such as visiting nursing homes; packing food/volunteering at food shelves; writing notes of encouragement; supporting our missionaries here and throughout the world.